The American Academy of Pain Medicine reports that almost 100 million Americans live with some form of chronic pain. If you have pain that has lasted three months or more or you are living with chronic pain, you are one among such patients who can benefit from physical therapy in Las Vegas.
At Advanced Manual Therapy Institute, we would like to shed light on the reasons why you should embrace physical therapy in Las Vegas and make the most of it for your pain and ailment.
Why Do You Need Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a safe and natural treatment for chronic pain. It follows non-invasive measures and offers both short-term and long-term benefits. Some of the most common reasons you should get physical therapy are as follows:
1. Reduce or Eliminate Pain
Your physical therapist in Las Vegas will help reduce or eliminate your pain. The reason physical therapy is so effective is that it addresses the root cause of the ailment causing the pain. It doesn’t focus on masking the problem. They are unlike medications, the effects of which last for no longer than 24 hours.
A Las Vegas physical therapist will conduct your thorough medical and health assessment during the initial appointment. They will determine the underlying cause of the pain and the ideal treatment options. Thus, physical therapy provides long-term relief from pain or eliminates the pain by addressing the root of the problem.
2. Avoid Surgery
When you follow physical therapy, it helps reduce your chances of needing surgery. It involves natural treatments with almost negligible risk of side effects. Commonly used treatments include:
- Electrical nerve stimulation
- Joint mobilization
Physical therapy has a high rate of success and this mostly eliminates the need for surgery.
3. Improve Mobility
Pain is usually accompanied by mobility issues. When you have trouble standing, moving, or walking, physical therapy in Las Vegas can help. Physical therapists can provide you with various therapies to improve your mobility:
- Strengthening and stretching exercises help restore mobility
- Your therapist can use an assistive device or evaluate your orthotic prescription
- Your care plan can be customized so that you can practice any activity specific to your life
There is a widespread misconception about physical therapy being used as a post-trauma treatment. The fact is that it is also used as a type of preventative care. Physical therapy in Las Vegas is regularly provided to older patients to help improve their mobility. They receive therapy to improve their ability to move around without the help of canes or walkers. It also helps prevent falls, further preventing injuries or broken bones.
4. Recovering from Injuries
Physical therapists play an important role in helping recover from both minor and major injuries. Whether you have recently sustained an injury or you have had trouble recovering from an injury over the long term, you should seek the services of a physical therapist in Las Vegas. Some of the injuries that get treated faster with the intervention of physical therapy are as follows:
- Strains: A strain is caused when a muscle or tendon gets excessively stretched or torn. Your therapist can require you to perform certain exercises that heal the muscle while preventing the formation of scar tissue. You may be provided heat or ice therapy to reduce swelling and pain.
- Sprains: A sprain occurs when there is severe stretching or tear in a ligament. Your physical therapist works to strengthen the affected joints and ligaments. They may also perform electrical stimulation to heal the injury.
- Shin Splints: This is the kind of pain experienced along the front part of your lower leg. There are many reasons you may develop shin splints:
- Running on flat and hard surfaces for long
- Changing or increasing activity levels leads to pain in the tendons and muscles
Your Las Vegas physical therapist can use ice therapy to provide relief from the pain. You may be required to perform a variety of exercises to prevent the problem from re-occurring. The therapist can also instruct you about your daily activities or require you to follow new ways for your athletic practice.
- Tennis/Golf Elbow: When there is repetitive motion and over-usage of certain joints, it can cause inflammation, pain, and tenderness. You may also learn new ways to exercise or move and this can help with healing and preventing reoccurrence.
5. Managing Age-related issues
Aging brings along many diseases. You may develop osteoporosis, arthritis, or other conditions as you age. Aging-related conditions can become so serious that joint replacement may be required. Physical therapy in Las Vegas has been known to help patients manage these conditions and recover faster and better from joint replacement.
There are even more reasons for considering physical therapy in Las Vegas. At Advanced Manual Therapy Institute, we have been providing physical therapy to our patients in and around Vegas since 2005. Our therapists hold Masters in Occupational Therapy and/or Doctorate in Physical Therapy and we can provide unparalleled treatment. For more information about our services, feel free to contact us at 702.896.0383 or write to us.