There are a number of therapy trends that surface and many that fade over time. Some make their mark and are effective in alleviating a range of physical health concerns. Cupping therapy is one of them. This can be looked upon as the inverse of a regular massage.
In the latter, the pressure is applied to the muscles. But in cupping therapy, suction is used to pull muscles, tissue, and skin upwards. At Advanced Manual Therapy Institute in Las Vegas, we offer cupping therapy by expert professionals.
What Exactly Is Cupping Therapy?
Cupping is literally thousands of years old, and while the techniques used have been modernized, there is no change in the original method. This therapy involves placing plastic, glass or bamboo jars on the skin and suctioning out the air to create a vacuum. The tissue is sucked or raised partway into the little cup. Cupping helps relieve pain, improves circulation, pulls out toxins from your body’s tissues and removes heat from them too.
Cupping Therapy Facts
At our physical therapy institute in Las Vegas, our skilled and well-trained team provides cupping therapy treatments and here are some facts about it:
- You will generally feel a slight tight sensation in the cupped area and this sensation is often soothing and relaxing.
- Depending on the physical therapist’s assessment of the problem and your comfort levels, the cups may either be left in specific spots on the skin or moved around.
- They may be left on your body for a longer period of time or briefly.
- Each treatment is tailored to suit your comfort levels on a particular day.
- The back is one of the commonest areas where cupping is done. However, the therapy works well in other areas too, especially on any fleshy sections of your body.
- The cupped areas of the skin temporarily turn purple, blue or red. This is particularly the case if there is an energetic blockage/injury under the areas that were cupped.
- This discoloration of the skin can last for a few days to a few weeks, but you will rarely feel any pain.
- Once all the marks have vanished, the physical therapist in Las Vegas will repeat the procedure until the ailment or condition is resolved.
Types of Cupping
There are many different cupping techniques. However, the most common ones used at at Advanced Manual Therapy Institute and other therapy centers in the United States are:
- Fixed Cupping-In this technique, the cups are placed at specific areas of your body and will not be moved during the therapy session.
- Moving Cupping- In this method, the physical therapist applies cream or massage oil at selected areas on your skin. The cups will be placed on the areas that need to be treated and will be slid around that section of the body at specific intervals. The cream or oil acts as a lubricant and the cups slide very easily.
Cupping Therapy- The Benefits
There are a number of benefits to cupping therapy including:
- Relief From Pain
- Relief From Allergies, Cough And Cold
- Promotes Relaxation
- Induces Inflammation That Helps Heal Injuries Faster
In addition to all these benefits, cupping therapy also helps improve skin conditions such as eczema, acne, skin inflammation etc. It also helps diminish cellulite and lessens herpes breakouts. As mentioned earlier, the vacuum action of the cups helps in detoxification, eliminating pathogens that are responsible for various skin conditions. This amazing therapy also helps relieve digestive disorders caused by stressful living and other lifestyle-related factors.
Choose The Right Physical Therapist
At Advanced Manual Therapy Institute in Las Vegas, we have seen cupping therapy to be useful in stomach cramps, diarrhea, water retention, gastrointestinal diseases as well as loss of appetite etc. As you can see, there is a range of benefits to cupping therapy, both physical and mental.
If you are considering getting cupping done, it’s important that you look for an experienced and credible cupping therapy center in Las Vegas. Our team will conduct a thorough assessment of your condition before creating a tailored plan that will be effective and beneficial to you.